Designer & Creative Director
Designer and Creative Director with over 25 years of experience helping brands communicate, launch and grow.
Currently lives and works in Stockholm, Sweden.
My interest in marketing psychology was born when I started running a weekly club night in Stockholm as a 17-year old, still in school. What marketing practices worked, on whom and why has always been fascinating to me. This became useful when working as a designer, producing print ads for the New York Times, the Village Voice, Time Out, as well as flyers and posters that were seen all over NYC.
Also when creating a brand for myself as a DJ, where I got to travel to every corner of the US every week for a period of seven years. I have refined these marketing skills through methodology, education, and experience during my 25+ year career. Always thinking of the person receiving the communication first. Always creating communication with the target as a vantage point.
Solving problems and simplifying our collective lives through design is a huge motivator, both by designing better systems, but also better visual experiences.
”Ability to grasp our problems and complexity and deliver solutions that are surpringly simple yet with creative height.”
– Marina Dyfverman, CMO Sophiahemmet
”Thanks to Stefan’s work we have been able to turn Mental Health Run into a yearly event that has spread to multiple cities around the country. It has also gained a lot of attention in the press. All this has led to us raising more funds to research in psychiatry.”
– Anna Malmqvist, Mental Health Run
Created a new brand strategy for the Swedish market, including the production of marketing material and the first 8 online- and TV-commercials to launch a new brand. The brand reached a turnover exceeding 1 Billion SEK within the first 13 months.
Led an omnichannel communication project with systems and strategies for a multinational tech and appliance company for their European, Middle Eastern and North African markets.
Designed an internal employee innovation-project for a multinational tech company aimed at optimizing workflows for 20 000 employees.
Created a brand for the second-largest fruit and vegetable distributor in Sweden with a turnover of 4,7 Billion SEK, aimed at connecting producers and commercial kitchens.
Led research and redesign project of websites for Sweden’s foremost private hospital with 30 clinics and a university in Sweden.
Founded and ran an advertising agency with 5-10 employees in Stockholm for 5 years. During these years we produced communication for 70+ brands.
Created a brand for me as a DJ in the US from 1995-2002 and toured the US weekly and played for 2000-5000 people weekly, most often as the headliner.
Ran a record label and a record distribution company in the US from 1997-2001 where we supplied vinyl records imported from the UK to over 350 record stores across the US.
- Graphic design
- Product design
- Printed adverts
- Corporate identities
- Digital structural design
- User experience design
- User interface design
- Design production
- Leading design teams
- Creative direction
- Leading web development projects
- Defining need (from a user’s perspective as well as the client’s)
- Defining KPIs
- Defining value
- Brand strategy
- Marketing strategy
- Campaign strategy
- Communication strategy
- Scriptwriting for commercials
- General digital curiosity from a bird’s eye view
- Design theory and history (Beckmans College of Design, Södertörn University)
- Brand identity (Beckmans College of Design, Danderyds Gymnasium)
- Marketing Law (Hyper Island)
- Email marketing best practices (Sophiahemmet)
- Digitalization for efficiency (The Royal Armory)
- Designing for humans (coming soon)
- Branding strategy (Svenska Psykiatriföreningen, Sophiahemmet, Race.se, Ava Zer, Casinostugan, Everfresh, Jool, Smpl, and others.)
- UX Research (Sophiahemmet)
- Content structure (Svenska Psykiatriföreningen, Sophiahemmet, Stockholms Ögonklinik, The Royal Armory)
- Project setup for efficiency (Sophiahemmet, Jool, Smpl, Nackademin)